Timeline of the call
Proposals can be submitted until October 31st, 2014 at 23:59 PM.
Complete project proposals must be submitted in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are requested to submit the following information:
- The proposal narrative (see section 3.4 for content and format).
- The budget forms (see template).
- The CV of the principal investigator (PI) and co-PIs.
- The list of five relevant publications in the domain of the PI and co-PIs.
Templates for submission are available here:
Format of proposal narrative
Proposal narrative shall be structured as follows:
- Cover page including basic project data (see template).
- Project summary (max 2 pages).
- International standing of applicants.
- Proposal narrative (max 15 pages) including the following sections:
- Background and significance.
- Proposed research: goals, justification, and description of research/development tasks.
- Required resources, including personnel, prototype hardware / software, as well as resources to support outreach activities.
- Timeline and milestones.
- Project organization, including a description of interaction between software developers and domain scientists (developers of models and methods as well as anticipated users of the software stack).
- Expected results and their prospects of preparing larger-scale development of computational applications.
Submitted proposals will first be subject to eligibility check by the program secretariat. Proposals will then be evaluated by external reviewers and then ranked by the PASC Scientific Advisory Committee. Final decision on funding will be adopted by the PASC Steering Committee on proposition of the PASC director.
Prof. Dr. Thomas Schulthess, Swiss National Supercomputing Center, Via Trevano 131, 6900 Lugano; Phone: +41 91 610 82 01, email: email@example.com
Dr. Benedetto Lepori, Research Services, Universit della Svizzera italiana, Via Lambertenghi 10, 6904 Lugano; Phone: +41 58 666 46 14, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Paola Colferai, Research Services, Universit della Svizzera italiana, Via Lambertenghi 10, 6904 Lugano; Phone: +41 58 666 48 18, email: email@example.com
Dr. Michele De Lorenzi, Swiss National Supercomputing Centre, Via Trevano 131, 6900 Lugano; Phone: +41 91 610 82 08, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PASC domain science networks
Solid earth dynamics
Dr. Tarje Nissen-Meyer, Institute of Geophysics, Seismology and Geodynamics, ETH Zurich; Phone +41 44 633 3154, email: email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Nicola Marzari, Theory and Simulation of Materials, EPFL; Phone +41 21 693 11 29; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plasma physics, astrophysics, and multiscale fluid dynamics
Prof. Dr. Ben Moore, Institute for Theoretical Physics, University of Zurich; Phone +41 44 635 5818, email: email@example.com
Biology across scales
Prof. Dr. Petros Koumoutsakos, Dep. of Mechanical and Process Engineering, ETH Zurich; Phone: +41 44 632 52 58, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Climate and atmospheric modeling
Dr. Isabelle Bey, Center for Climate Systems Modeling, ETH Zurich; Phone: +41 44 632 79 15, email: email@example.com